Mary-Anne Reyes Photography

My photo
Welcome to my blog! My name is Mary-Anne Reyes and I am a Wedding Photographer raised in New Orleans and based in the beautiful Bay Area, California. Please feel free to look through my blog to get sneak peaks from your event, or even just to get to know me a little better. I also shoot Senior and Family Portraits. I like to travel so I do destinational weddings, also! So save this blog and check back for updates and occasional specials that may be available!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Research

So I know I haven't posted in quite a while. I really have no excuse other than my genuine interest in researching post-production and marketing skills in Wedding Photography. I've just pre-ordered "Fast Track Photographer" by Dane Sanders. I was really quite surprised at the price. The original version was $150+ while this new edited version is less than $20. I'm SOO excited and CAN'T WAIT to read up and learn his amazing strategies on being a successful wedding photographer! But why can't it be published BEFORE May!?! :(

I've also been reading through my notes from my Photo Business classes. I ran into a great outsourcing company called Lavalu. Typically, I edit my own photos starting with the rough edit and color correction all the way to the final artistic product. This could take weeks before I can even get proofs back to my clients. Lavalu offers different kinds of editing that will save me sooo much time that I could be using on marketing!!! I've just sent them my "application form" so let's hope I can understand and get things going just in time for my wedding in May!

As far as marketing goes, I've consulted with Tri Nguyen, who is the founder of Twenty Tigers. This company focuses on building websites for various businesses but also helps with different marketing skills through the web, etc. One of the traditional forms of marketing is through basic cold calling, (which I am seriously scared of). I know, I know.. I shouldn't be scared of people hanging up on me, not even giving me the chance to explain myself, but I just SERIOUSLY am! I will try and face my fear of rejection, but how about I try other ways we discussed first? LOL. Like through blogging! :) Or e-mail campaigns. For all of you who know me personally, be prepared to get e-mails of my current specials, etc. Don't worry, I won't spam you! ;)

No comments: